Head of People
Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital health company focused on bringing better access to women’s healthcare. Serving over 125,000 patients and working with some of the best U.S. companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for working families in fields like fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, and children’s health—both to individuals and as a family benefit provided by employers. For too long, women’s healthcare has been designed and carried out with little say from women themselves. We’re here to end that and to shape a better system of care, directly informed by and tied to women’s unique needs. Starting now. Ready to join us?
The Head of People will be joining Maven’s leadership at a critical point in the company’s growth. Exemplifying all things people and culture, the Head of People will be charged with developing and executing on the human capital strategy for Maven to support the long-term business goals and enable the organization to continue to scale. This leader will be responsible for leading all people-related aspects of Maven, with a particular focus on developing and executing a human capital infrastructure that maximizes employee engagement, building Maven’s unique culture, developing and training all levels of employees, and scaling the ability for the organization to recruit and retain top talent. Given the ever-changing market and fast pace of growth at Maven, the Head of People will show a demonstrated ability to work in a small company environment and have a strong desire to not only set the human capital strategy, but also be hands-on, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Build and scale the people related infrastructure of Maven that aligns to and supports the business objectives and vision of the organization
- Manage benefits administration, including evaluating company policies, benefits, compensation and other perquisites to ensure employee engagement and retention
- Liaise with third-party providers (e.g., PEO, legal) to ensure policies, procedures and processes are compliant and optimized
- Evaluate PEO options to determine which most well-suited to Maven’s needs; lead implementation of new PEO option, if necessary
- Develop company-wide recruiting strategy to attract and select high-caliber talent; manage team to source, recruit, and onboard new hires
- Manage the development and review program for Maven; actively support the executive team in talent management, performance reviews, and employee transitions
- Build a training and learning program that supports required professional certifications, individual development, and company-wide skill-building
- Craft and actively refine the employee value proposition; build and manage programs and structures to support employee engagement and culture; develop and drive Maven’s diversity and inclusion strategy; measure and track programs and initiatives through employee surveys and other key metrics
- Coach, mentor and support employees; act as point-of-contact for employee concerns or escalation
- Proven track-record in standing-up an innovative human resources or people operations function; experience in managing human resources across both exempt and non-exempt workforces
- Expertise and experience in benefits management and administration; experience and knowledge in human resource policies, procedures and compliance
- Demonstrable track-record of implementing talent and performance management interventions; expertise and experience in recruiting and assessing junior and senior level talent
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive; understands how to intelligently use resources (i.e. existing content, capital, and talent) to develop and realize a vision
- Executive leader possessing exceptional people management and facilitation skills; outstanding communication skills and ability to connect with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Free Maven appointments
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Team outings and weekly team lunches
- Quarterly friends & family drinks
- Annual offsite in the Adirondacks!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.