Head of Legal and Public Policy
The Head of Legal and Public Policy will be charged with overseeing all legal matters of the business. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of corporate legal functions and risk management, and s/he will leverage this knowledge to guide his/her operational leadership style and oversee Maven’s legal affairs. Lastly, the Head of Legal and Public Policy will be a collaborative leader and will work intimately with the executive team to advance Maven’s mission.
Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital health company focused on bringing better access to women’s healthcare. Serving over 125,000 patients and working with some of the best U.S. companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for working families in fields like fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, and children’s health—both to individuals and as a family benefit provided by employers. For too long, women’s healthcare has been designed and carried out with little say from women themselves. We’re here to end that and to shape a better system of care, directly informed by and tied to women’s unique needs. Starting now. Ready to join us?
- Provide legal and strategic counsel to the leadership team and organization on corporate, regulatory and commercial issues that arise from the day-to-day operations of a growing, complex organization operating in a heavily regulated environment
- Provide counsel on a variety of health-care business related issues with an emphasis on agreements with employers, health-care compliance, telemedicine, digital health regulations, and licensing
- Structure and negotiate business relationships and transactions
- Manage employment contracts and legal matters
- Establish a rapport and working relationships with business managers in order to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel
- Resolve business disputes, and if necessary, manage litigation
- Provide oversight for all compliance and compliance-related activities across the organization
- Act as a subject matter expert on legal and capital structure of organization.
- JD degree required
- 8+ years of work experience; preferred if experience includes a tech-enabled healthcare service organization
- Prior experience in an externally facing capacity; in-depth knowledge of contracting with vendors, payers, provider groups, etc. within complex regulatory environments
- Track record of success in roles of increasing responsibility for highly complex business through periods of rapid scale and/or extreme transformation
- Proven success in a startup environment: rigorous, energetic, agile, and flexible
- Demonstrates radical candor and is comfortable working within an often ambiguous, high growth environment
- Possesses exceptional management, and communication skills that are conducive to an environment where issues are identified and resolved
- Free Maven appointments
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Access to Maven 401K
- Parental leave policy
- Sponsored monthly book club
- Team outings and weekly team lunches
- Quarterly friends & family drinks
- Annual offsite in the Adirondacks!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.