Reporting to the Finance and Strategy Director, the Accounting Manager will have responsibility over the accounting function including revenue, accounts payable, inventory, tax, and insurance. The Accounting Manager will ensure that Maven has appropriate processes and systems in place for timely and accurate reporting for management and external stakeholders. The Accounting Manager will be Maven’s first CPA hire and will have the opportunity to help buildout Maven’s finance department as Maven rapidly scales.
Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital health company focused on bringing better access to women’s healthcare. Serving over 125,000 patients and working with some of the best U.S. companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for working families in fields like fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, and children’s health—both to individuals and as a family benefit provided by employers. For too long women’s healthcare has been designed and carried out with little say from women themselves. We’re here to end that and to shape a better system of care, directly informed by and tied to women’s unique needs. Starting now. Ready to join us?
What you bring to the table:
- Facilitate and manage the month-end close process and prepare financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Assist in day-to-day activities of the accounting department; this will include billing, accounts payable, and maintaining schedules related to fixed assets, prepaid, and accrued expenses
- Develop and implement process, technology, and internal controls to support effective financial and accounting operations, compliance, and achieve successful audits
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior forecast
- Assist in managing the relationship and deliverables of various financing arrangements
- Assist in the calculation, presentation and communication of company-wide KPIs
- Facilitate and manage financial and tax audits
- Ensure state foreign qualifications are filed in a timely manner
- CPA required
- In depth knowledge of accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP; understanding of the relationship between variable interest entities and telehealth technology companies a plus
- 1-3+ years accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Extremely strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Self-starter who possesses a sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience working with QuickBooks; Knowledge of Sage Intacct and/or NetSuite a plus
- Tech savvy and Excel power user
- Free Maven appointments
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Access to Maven 401K
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Sponsored monthly book club
- Team outings and weekly team lunches
- Quarterly friends & family drinks
- Annual offsite in the Adirondacks!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.