Senior Backend Engineer
Maven is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our product team.
Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital health company focused on bringing better access to women’s healthcare. Serving over 125,000 patients and working with some of the best U.S. companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for working families in fields like fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, and children’s health—both to individuals and as a family benefit provided by employers. For too long, women’s healthcare has been designed and carried out with little say from women themselves. We’re here to end that and to shape a better system of care, directly informed by and tied to women’s unique needs. Starting now. Ready to join us?
You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered design and is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, and development teams. Through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation, we believe in constantly evolving and improving.
What you bring to the table:
- You have experience with and a real passion for building APIs
- You think about systems and services and write high quality code—we work mostly in python. However, languages can be learned: we care more about your engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where expertise and responsibility is shared with teammates across disciplines.
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, shell scripting, REST APIs
- Experience with data encryption and consumer privacy. Protecting Maven’s patient data is the most important thing to our company, and you should think about the privacy and security implications of every line of code you write!
- A deep belief in automation and doing things the right way the first time
- An opinion about what code to test and how to test it
- Free Maven appointments
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Sponsored monthly book club
- Team outings and weekly team lunches
- Quarterly friends & family outing
- Annual offsite in the Adirondacks!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.